Scion tC 2005 - 2009+
Yaris 2011 - 2014
Camry 2003 - 2010
Matrix 2005 - 2010
Sequoia 2008 - 2010
Sienna 2004 - 2010
Tacoma 2005 - 2010
Avalon 2005 - 2009
Corolla 2005 - 2009
FJ 2007 - 2009
Highlander 2004 - 2009
Rav 4 2004 - 2009
Tundra 2007 - 2009
4Runner 2004 - 2008
Solara 2004 -2008
The dealer wanted to charge me $300 for a new key and programming, so I bought an after-market chip key from Amazon for $20 and found someone at ACE who cut it for me for free (although they are not supposed to cut keys that are not theirs). Finding a place to cut your key is the hardest part. Other places wanted to charge me $30-$80 to cut and or program my own key.
Program Scion tC Remote-entry key fob (remote entry):1. Driver's door open, key removed from ignition switch.
2. Within 5 seconds, insert and remove key (can be any key) from ignition switch twice.
3. Within 40 seconds, close and open driver's door twice.
4. Insert and remove key from ignition switch.
5. Within 40 seconds, close and open driver's door twice.
6. Insert key into ignition switch and close the driver's door.
7. Switch ignition ON and OFF once to program a remote while retaining the original codes. Switch ignition ON and OFF twice to program remote while erasing the original code. Switch ignition ON and OFF three times to check how many remotes are currently registered or five times to erase all registered remotes.
8. Remove key from ignition switch.
9. System should now lock and unlock vehicle. Once, twice, or five times depending on which mode has been selected. Once to four times, slowly, to indicate how many remotes are programmed.
10. Within 40 seconds: Press and release LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously (on the new key).
11. Within 3 seconds: Press remote LOCK or UNLOCK button.
12. System should now LOCK and UNLOCK vehicle once to confirm registration or twice to indicate programming has failed.
13. Within 40 seconds, repeat step 10 to program additional remotes. Up to 4 remotes can be programmed.
14. To exit programming mode, open driver's door.
Program Scion tC Chip Key (to start the ignition):1. With you inside the car and door closed insert master key 5 times into ignition without turning it on.
2. On the fifth time leave the key in the ignition and open and close the driver door six times. Immobilizer light should come on and remain on.
3. Remove the master key and insert the new transponder key. Immobilizer light will begin blinking. Wait for immobilizer light to stop blinking (should take under a minute). The car should start.
Optional: Erase the existing keys
Something that you may want to do, if you do not know how many keys are already programmed, is erase the existing keys and start over. It is very similar to programming your keys. Using the previous instructions as a template:
1. Using a master key (original key), insert (and remove) it from the ignition 6 times. On the 6th time, leave it in the ignition, then:
2. Open and close the driver's door 7 times.
3. The security light should now stay lit red. When you remove the master key, this will be the only key that is still programmed.
After this, you should be able to add your keys. Toyotas will allow 4 or 5 master keys, and 3 valet keys to be programmed.